SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results. SEO is the use of methods and techniques to make websites rank as highly as possible. A high ranking placement in natural listings of major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo will improve the visibility of a website and will increase the amount of visitors to your website. The higher a website ranks in the result pages of a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.
HOW SEO WORKS?
As internet has become a major factor in todays marketing and the benefits of SEO better understood, ranking competition has increased dramatically and the techniques required to improve rankings have become increasingly sophisticated. In order to obtain results , SEO is divided into two main areas: On-Page optimization and Off-Page optimization. Our On-Page optimization will introduce your website to search engines and make them recognize the existence and importance of your website. Our Off-Page optimization will help your site with link building and creating a reputation on the web which is necessary to rank up among your competitors and find its way to the top.
On-Page SEO is the very first step of SEO and refers to factors which are implemented within your actual web pages. These factors include but are not limited to:
- Words in the web page.
- Url, title tag and meta tags.
- Headlines, sub headlines.
- Keyword density.
- Words at the beginning of the page and page content Words that are bold. Words in the links.
- Site navigation and the structure of links.
- A number of other considerations.
Search engine robots do not rank your website based on the way it looks, they rank your website by analyzing the codes implemented within your web pages, so by reading the codes, they will rank your website content and its importance. We do manual work on each page. We create custom titles, descriptions, image names, paragraph titles and generate XML sitemap for search engines to follow. Our On-Page seo service include but not limited to:
- Meta tags – Each page on your site should have correctly descriptive title tags, relevant to each page.
- Header Tags – Correct use of H1, H2 and H3 tags.
- SEO Friendly URL’s – The URL for each page should show what the page is about.
- Images – Every image should have a correct descriptive URL and altattributes.
- Anchor text – ‘Click here’ is good for sales pages and direct calls to action but everywhere else the anchor text for links should be relevant to the page you link to.
- 301 Redirects – Make sure there is only one version of your site when search engines crawl and ensure any orphan pages are rehoused.
- Semantics – Correct use of copy and keywords/keyphrases.
- Internal linking – By setting up correct internal link structures, search engines will understand better what your site is about and attribute higher ranking to it.
There are also a number of things you can do to improve your search engine page rank and increase traffic to your website. This is the area known as Off-Page SEO. Google’s Page Rank algorithm was developed on the premise that web pages with many links directed to them are considered “more important” than web pages without these links. Off-Page SEO mainly consists of link building strategies.
Off-Page SEO is more of an ongoing requirement and it involves processes like press releases, social networking, bookmarking, link exchanges, article distribution and etc. In simple terms this is the practice where other web sites link to your web site. However, it is extremely important that incoming links from other web sites are relevant and on topic to your products and services. This can be achieved by the incoming links being within content talking about the same or similar products and or services.
Link building projects should be well managed and done over long periods of time. It is a permanent exercise.
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a quick fix for building good quality incoming links. If you have a unique good quality site offering goods or services, you will pick up some links naturally over time, these are great and will have an impact. However, building additional links over and above, will help your web site move up the search engine rankings and hopefully become an authoritative web site in its own right.
We don’t believe in magic, and neither should you. The truth is that SEO is a time consuming, ongoing and complicated slow process. You do not see immediate results over night. For a website with less competition or if you are interested in targeting costumers geographically (from a particular city for example) the goal can be achieved in a shorter time frame. For a website with high competition keywords and a wide geographic coverage it may take longer.